Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembrance

Today is a tough day for me. There are actually 3 tough days for me throughout the year. The first is Veteran's Day because November 11th is the day that one of my best friends died in Iraq. Ironic that he died on Veteran's Day, I know. The second is his birthday on September 1 and the third is September 11. I'm always bombarded with images in the media and social networking that remember one of the saddest days in recent history. I feel that sting a little more deeply.

I made this card in honor of Pete. I miss him every day, but after nearly 10 years, the pain has dulled. Today, not so much.



Pete was such a kind and caring individual and he's dearly missed. His death is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Especially after his mother sent me a letter that he hadn't mailed to me before his final mission. He'll always be in my heart and he'll never be forgotten. I love you, Pete.





No comments:

Post a Comment