Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Challenge Entries

I have a couple of cards for challenge entries today. First up is one I designed for a couple of challenges. This card fits with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with the theme Due Date and The ColourQ Challenge #288.


When I think of due dates, I automatically think of library books. When I was a kid, my parents would take me to the library every week and we would pick out books to read together and on our own. It's a tradition that I hope to carry on with my future children. Using the theme of books and the colors from the challenge, I put together this card:


It's hard to see, but I used a scripted background stamp on the card base in Versamark ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I thought it added something a little extra. I also added a little Crystal Effects to the face of the clock and the glass in the picture frame.

Supplies:
Stamps: To Thine Own Shelf (Simon Says Stamp), Faded Text Background (Stampabilities)
Paper: Kraft, Black, Whisper White
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Black, Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz (I didn't have the Kiwi...), Versamark
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Accents: Clear embossing powder, Crystal Effects

My next card is for a challenge I haven't entered in a very long time. The Less Is More Challenge is Up, Up, and Away this week and I had an idea bouncing around in my head for a balloon birthday card that fit with the theme.


The April Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp had beautiful birthday images and this card had been sloshing around in my noggin for a few days. When I saw the theme, it all sort of gelled together to make this guy! I used the balloon stamp to randomly stamp rising balloons along the right side in various colors and then added some coordinating sequins. I used 2 of the sentiment stamps on vellum to create the sentiment panel. I heat embossed both in gold embossing powder and then lightly ran both edges through the ink pad and embossed them as well. I wrapped the vellum around my panel and adhered it to a kraft card base to finish it up. I think it looks super sweet!

Supplies
Stamps: Big Birthday Wishes (Simon Says Stamp)

Paper: Kraft, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder, Strawberry Slush
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Accents: Gold embossing powder, Assorted sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love the Make a wish one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so beautiful, gorgeous stamping.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful! The first one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, fun and colourful cards.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a card very similar to your's for the LIM challenge...guess great minds think alike, huh? LOL! Two beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! Thank you for linking up with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel. I'm the administrator for the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group. I also help find fabulous cards for their "Spotted" blog posts every month. I would like to suggest one of your cards be chosen in their May Spotted post but I need your email too. I tried to find it on your blog and elsewhere on the web with no luck. Please email me at bdengler4@juno.com so I can send Simon your info, then hopefully they'll choose your card.

    Thank you,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spotted your first card in the winners post at ColourQ--came by to take a closer look and say congrats. Really love this card--I bought this set but have yet to link it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're going to love the stamps! I made about a million things with the set after I broke it out the first time. They make seriously cute bookmarks!

      Delete