Thursday, May 7, 2015

Spotlight Coloring

I was browsing through the lovely and talented Kristina Werner's blog the other day and I came across a post about spotlight coloring. I loved how it looked and since I was bedridden at the time, I thought coloring would help me pass the time. I broke my doctor's rules and sat down for a few minutes to stamp a couple of panels randomly with some images and then immediately got back in bed and pretended like it never happened! I was right, coloring in bed definitely made the time pass a little faster!

The next day, I broke some more rules and put the cards together. It only took a few minutes, so I don't think it really counts! The good news is, I'm not on bed rest anymore, so I should be back to normal for a little bit.

Kristina used watercoloring for her card, but I didn't really have the ability to use watercoloring at the time, so I used my copics. I'm not sure I like my result as much as hers, but it still turned out pretty cute.


My gray areas turned out much darker than hers, so next time I'd probably just use maybe 2 light markers and not try to put so much contrast in them.


I used a heart instead of the typical circle for this one and I kind of like the effect. I definitely think this is something I'll try again later.

Supplies:
Stamps: Let's Roll & Baked with Love (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics, Versamark
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (SSS)
Other: White embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment