Sunday, June 7, 2015

Make It Masculine!

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog is to make something masculine this week. It just so happened that I wanted to create a bookmark for my husband, so I thought this was a perfect opportunity!


What's more masculine than pretzels and beer? I can't think of anything either!


I used the Avery Elle bookmark die to cut out my bookmark shape and then used Sweet Stamp Shop's Festival 30 to stamp my images. I created a mask for the pretzel, so I could stamp the beer somewhat behind it. Then I used Lawn Fawn's Happy Summer to stamp the ants carrying off the second pretzel. Fun! I colored my images with copics and then to hide the bleeding on the back, glued another bookmark to the back. I tied some baker's twine through the hole and it was finished! Super simple and it made my husband smile when he saw it!

Supplies:
Stamps: Festival 30 (Sweet Stamp Shop), Happy Summer (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Bookmark (Avery Elle)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Other: Black & White baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea - love this!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete