Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Photo Inspiration + Texture Paste

I've been super busy recently, but I finally got some time to spend in my craft room today! (Thank goodness!) I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy if I can't etch out a little time just for me. I've actually created a couple of cards recently, but haven't had the time to blog about them. If you're interested, I post them on Instagram and on Flickr as well and when I'm running short on time, some cards will only appear on Instagram and Flickr!
 

I took my inspiration for this card from the photo for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge and from the Simon Monday Challenge. Paper Smooches has a beautiful photo and I pulled all that white space and the gorgeous blue chevron pattern into my design. I also used the yellow from the hanging lamp. The Simon Challenge is to use texture paste, so I used a stencil to ink on some turquoise chevrons to my tag and then added Dreamweaver Translucent Texture Paste over the top. Beautiful results! the images are all colored with copics and then fussy cut (I haven't gotten the dies yet!). I added a little Clear Wink of Stella to the top of the cupcake and the candle's flame, The heart on the lollipop has a little Glossy Accents.

I tried to get a better picture of all that gorgeous texture on the tag, but it's hard to capture in a photo.


My inspiration photo:


Supplies:
Stamps: Sugar Rush (Paper Smooches)
Dies: Tag Stitched (Paper Smooches), Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics
Other: Yellow Baker's Twine (generic), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Glossy Accents, Clear Wink of Stella, White embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. Hello Rachel, such a beautiful card and colours!!!! I really like this card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Rachel!! Love how you drew from the inspiration photo with the colors and chevron. Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I really like how you've used the paste. The cupcake is awesome. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you were inspired. Adorable birthday card! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete