Monday, June 29, 2015

ShowCASe Your Style #18

I'm playing along with the ShowCASe Your Style Challenge today. I actually made 2 cards, but I definitely felt like their was a clear winner between the two. I'll show them both to you, but I'm only entering the first one. I'm also going to enter it into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!



I used the Tiny Spaced Hearts stencil from Simon Says Stamp to ink up my ombre background. The sentiment and image are from Mama Elephant's Ella and Friends. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder. I'm just loving this one. Super sweet and I think it'll be perfect for a friend of mine who recently had a baby.

Supplies:
Stamps: Ella and Friends (Mama Elephant)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Ella and Friends (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Bermuda Bay, Assorted Copics
Other: White embossing powder, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

The first card I made was definitely a fail. We can't be happy with everything we make all the time. This is the perfect instance of that.


Don't get me wrong, it's cute. I'll probably keep it and use it later, but I just love the other card so much more. It just has that extra oomph that's missing in this one.

Supplies:
Stamps: Monster Mash (Lawn Fawn), Jessie's ABC's (Lawn Fawn), Falling Hearts (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Monster Mash (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Fog (Simon Says Stamp), Assorted Copics
Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

1 comment:

  1. These are both adorable cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete