Monday, February 22, 2016

The Challenge #61

Welcome back for another week with The Challenge! This week is an inspiration photo for you to play with.


I took the woodgrain from the counter and the white flowers on the table along with the pink from the fridge and came up with this card -


I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder (which has since retired) for the texture on the background. I stamped the flowers and leaves from Altenew's Peony Bouquet set from their recent release. They have beautiful layering stamps at Altenew and I can't recommend them enough. They make you look so professional without having to try! I heat embossed the sentiment in gold embossing powder on vellum. I've been finding myself in need of sympathy cards lately, so I thought I'd use this opportunity to build up my stash a little.



9 comments:

  1. Lovely ... just lovely! I like the soft touch of colour on the largest Peony and I agree with your comment about Altenew products (outstanding quality/beautiful images!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Rachel. I love the woodgrain and the pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is beautiful! Such a lovely card for someone in pain! Love the woodgrain panel and the gorgeous flowers! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely, Rachel, the wood grain looks fabulous with your beautiful flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rachel, I love woodgrain texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, Rachel! It's never easy to make a sympathy card, but I'm sure the recipient will really appreciate the beauty of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Rachel! Love that background, and the gold sentiment is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Rachel! Pretty soft flowers contrasting against the embossed wood! And, I also must say, I love that wooden vase in your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete