Monday, March 7, 2016

The Challenge #63

There's a brand new challenge up over on The Challenge blog featuring a fun sketch. I hope you'll check it out and come play with us!


I changed the stars to photos in my head. Then it was a matter of deciding on a color scheme. At first, I was going to make it in bright colors, but after coloring the images I thought it might actually look better with an old-fashioned sepia feeling. I also decided to tilt my piece with script. I like the wonky feeling it gives. It's like you're looking at someone's desk. (Maybe my desk because it's covered in junk!) After that, it was simply a matter of adhering all the layers and heat embossing my simple gold sentiment.





9 comments:

  1. Oh my! How sweet are hose adorable little critters in the Polaroids! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little critters, Rachel ... they're so sweet posing for their photo's! So happy to be guest designing alongside you at The Challenge this month! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is positively delightful, Rachel! Love the sepia effect you created...and your pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely precious, Rachel! Those little animals are so cute and I adore how you framed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO adorable and such a creative take on the sketch, LOVE your cute little framed critters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness those little critter pics are adorable, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute - I love those little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super, stinkin' adorable, Rachel, and the monochromatic palette is perfect!

    ReplyDelete