Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sweet Birthday

Today's card was created for my Aunt's birthday using the color challenge from Can You Case It.


Since this card has to travel clear across the country, I wanted to make it fairly flat without too much dimension. I didn't want it to get smooshed in the mail! I cut a panel using a Wonky Stitched Rectangle die and then stamped my image in the corner using my MISTI. I colored it in with my Copics (yellow roses are her favorites!). When I was finished coloring, I heat embossed the sentiment slightly overlapping the flowers to tie it all together. I finished it off by adhering the panel directly to a card base and adding just a few Moonbeams sequins.




6 comments:

  1. Rachel, Your card is gorgeous! Love the yellow roses. Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at CYCI this week! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rachel! Awesome coloring! I've been admiring your cards for a while and so glad to keep seeing you at CYCI! - Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow roses are my favorite, Rachel! And yours are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Can You Case It! – Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, WOW! Gorgeous card and I love the yellow rose. Thanks for playing along with CYCI! ~Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel your colouring is FAB!!!!!!! Thanks for joining the CYCI challenge this week! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting picked for the top 6 at Can You Case It! Your card is stunning, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete