Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Challenge 78

Happy Saturday, everyone! The Challenge is back with a brand new photo inspiration challenge for you to play with!


I've been loving pineapples all summer. I have shirts with them, washi tape, stamps, even a pair of underwear! (TMI?) Lol! I was super excited when I saw this photo inspiration challenge and couldn't wait to break out my pineapples again! I even burned a wonderful pineapple candle while I created!


I, of course, took my inspiration from the pineapple, but I also pulled a pink flower out of the photo. I kept the background simple by keeping it white, but added detail by using some stitching lines dies to add texture. Because of the texture, I had to add my sentiment without stamping it directly to the base. I didn't want to detract from the background, so I used vellum. I love vellum! I heat embossed my sentiment in gold and tucked it behind my images so the adhesive wouldn't show. After the card was completely assembled, I tied in the gold from the sentiment by adding a sprinkling of gold sequins.

I'm so sad and happy at the same time that summer is ending. I live in the desert, so I'm happy to see the 120 degree weather finally leaving, but I'm so sad that my fun summer stamps are going to be put away for a few months. At least that means I'll be able to play with my winter stamps that have been sitting on a shelf without love!



6 comments:

  1. Oh its so fabulous and different. Love this card its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, I love pineapples too! Your card is perfect!
    Hope you received my earlier email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful representation of the inspiration picture ! So fresh ! Love the background ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitched lines background and the pretty flowers and pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,

    So many things that appeal with your card, the stitched dies background and vellum DO make the most excellent backdrop to your pretty pineapple and blossom. It is cool how you actually made the bloom bigger than the pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! Love every little detail! ❤️

    ReplyDelete