Wednesday, November 30, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

The last couple of days have brought snow to my new home and it's actually starting to feel like Christmas! After living in the desert for 3 years, the snow is welcome sight! In the spirit of Christmas, I'm working on some holiday cards.


I'm still loving my newest Neat & Tangled purchase and so it was handily sitting on my desk for this card. I simply stamped my images and sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then masked my penguin and Santa with some masking paper. I cut a piece of masking paper with an A2 curved edge die to create my snowy landscape and then blended some blue ink into the sky line to create the horizon line. I removed all of my masks and then used my Copics to color my images. I added small shadows below my images to ground them a bit and then finished it off with some clear Wink of Stella on the star and the lights. I adhered my panel to a Fog Gray card base and it was finished!

I'm entering this card into two challenges. The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - O Christmas Tree and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

       



4 comments:

  1. It is such a sweet and fun scene, gorgeous colouring.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card! great colors and coloring! love the stitching around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card, Rachel! Love the cute scene and the wonderful colors! Sounds like you are enjoying your snow! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card Rachel ! So cute scene ! And I love this new N&T release ! Very beautiful colouring ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete