Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Birthday Trio

My stash of birthday cards is running dangerously low right now. Somehow, I seem to have a majority of birthdays in November and December and it just decimated my pile of cards! I decided to make a start at replenishing today by using the current MFT Stamps Sketch Challenge.


And here's the sketch I used:


I love how a simple sketch can inspire a variety of cards. It definitely helped me make a start on this year's birthday cards!


For this card, I used the new Polar Bear Pals set and a background stamp to create a simple card that's gender neutral.


I'll admit, I had a certain someone in mind when I made this card. They're a bit of a bookworm and I know their favorite chair is a beautiful blue. I used the new Our Story stamp set with the Whimsical Woodgrain background for this one.


I mixed it up a little with this one and used an embossing folder for the background along with the Beary Special Birthday set.

Hopefully I can keep up the momentum over the next week and build my stash back up to a respectable level! I hate scrambling for a card at the last second!



8 comments:

  1. I love the lined up dots background stamp. It is in my MFT cart for my next purchase. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, these are all just precious! A great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you totally nailed it with all 3 of these cards, Rachel! They are really adorable, and perfect for the MFT sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embossing folder that you used on the bear card. I check MFT and they do not carry it and you don't mention it on your supply list. Any chance you can write me to let me know your source on that item? That would be great! I purchased what I could of the other MFT supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. The embossing folder isn't from MFT. It's by We R Memory Keepers. The link is in the bottom of the post, but here's the link for easy reference. https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/We-R-Memory-Keepers-QUILTED-Next-Level-Embossing-Folders-662674-662674WRMK?currency=USD

      Delete