Tuesday, November 14, 2017

CASology: Sharp

Hello! It's that time of the week again. Time for a new cue from CASology!


I recently purchased this adorable set from Hero Arts because I have twin nephews who are obsessed with narwhals. I thought it would be perfect for cards for them. And this cue seemed to cry out for a narwhal, too!


Isn't that image just adorable?  I started my card by cutting a panel with a stitched rectangle die. I stamped my image using my MISTI and then stamped again onto some masking paper. I covered it up so that I could blend some ink over it.

I cut another mask from some masking paper. I used a circle die and then placed the negative piece over the top of my narwhal so that it would appear to be inside a bubble of water when I blended my ink into it. I started with my middle tone and blended the ink from the edges in. Then I added my darkest color on the very edges. I finished it off by blending my lightest color of the top of everything and leaving just a slight white glow around my narwhal. That last layer of the lightest color helped blend all three colors together seamlessly.

I remove my masks and then colored my narwhal with my copics. I used my MISTI to align my sentiment and stamped it twice with black ink to make sure it stood out on top of my blending. I then adhered the panel onto a white card base with my tape runner.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Copic coloring and I love how you created the spotlight on this awesome narwhal! Fabulous sentiment, too...Love this card, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea for the word sharp! I like how you created the bubble of water for him.

    ReplyDelete