Saturday, November 25, 2017

Simply Sweet Christmas Inspiration Hop


Hello and welcome to the very first Simply Sweet Christmas Inspiration Hop! I'll be completely honest, I just started a new job in the past couple weeks and I haven't had that much time for crafting. This hop completely snuck up on me and I'm so grateful that the theme is simple! I remembered this design that I put together last year when my husband came to me begging for Christmas cards for his employees with only a few days until Christmas. They were the perfect last-minute cards and a classic design! With that in mind, here they are, recreated just for you!


These cards are so easy to put together. I merely used some painter's tape to mask off a strip on the right side of my card and then heat embossed some snowflakes inside of it with white embossing powder. If I were thinking clearly, I would have used my MISTI to stamp each card at the same time and save myself a little hassle. But...when things get crazy my mind tends to go fuzzy, so I stamped each of them separately. Keep that in mind if you decide to reproduce my cards and have a MISTI on hand!

After each card had cooled from the heat embossing, I used 3 different blue inks to blend an ombre strip on top of the snowflakes and then carefully peeled off the tape. Then it was back to my MISTI to stamp the sentiment in dark black ink. Ta-da! All done!


I created this card the same way, just switching the blue inks for pinks/reds. Switch up the sentiment and you can create a bunch of cards!


And here's yet another one with a different sentiment and green inks. You can switch all of these things around and have a set of nine different cards. (3 separate sentiments with 3 different colors!) That's exactly what I did! I had a set of 9 cards done in just over an hour!

Make sure to continue to hop along and see all of the fun inspiration we have for you today! You should have arrived from Nina's blog and your next stop is Vicki! If you get lost, Lesley has the full hop on her blog to help you find your way!


Don't forget that Lesley is also offering a prize for this hop! She's giving away 4 matching handmade Christmas cards to one lucky winner!

In order to quality, please remember to...

1. Comment on Lesley's blog and answer her question.
2. Comment on each stop along the hop!

The Giveaway Contest closes on Saturday, December 2!



16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love those snowflakes in those gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of cards!! LOVE the snowflakes with the pretty blended colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fabulous! Love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty!!! Perfect for mass production!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great last-minute project! Your cards are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just beautiful! Love the layout and how clean and simple they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely, Rachel! And such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Rachel! Great design for festive mass producing! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. This collection of cards is adorable! I love how nice they look in all the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and great design, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty I love the wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards show that CAS doesn't mean it doesn't impress!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I like your sketch layout and I'm going to have to try this sometime soon!!! You've met the challenge of this blog hop perfectly with simple and sweet Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty Rachel! Love that you used several colors with your snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete