Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Mario Birthday

Yay! I'm back again with a brand new card! I decided to dive back into some challenges as a way to get back into my crafting routine.


My birthday card stash is astonishingly low right now due to my inability to craft for the last 3 months of the year. I decided to get a jump start on refilling my stash for the upcoming year with this card. Perfect for that gamer in your life!

I cut a piece of cardstock using the Madison Avenue frame die, keeping both the frame and the inner piece. I used a cloud stencil I had made for myself from some cloud dies and a spare piece of cardstock to stencil in some clouds on the inner piece using Tumbled Glass distress ink. It's hard to see in the picture, but adds a nice little something in person. I set that aside and then started on building my scene.

I cut some pieces of cardstock with my Grassy Fields dies and then used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn distress inks to create my grass. I adhered those pieces directly behind my frame die.

I stamped and colored my sewer pipe and my Mario and then used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut them out. I laid everything out on my card base so that I knew where I wanted everything to go and then used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment on that inner Madison Avenue die piece from earlier.

All that was left was to adhere everything together. Using my frame as a guide, I adhered the inner piece to my card base first. This helped me place my frame over it with some foam tape for dimension. I slid my pipe behind my grass pieces and adhered it directly to the piece below. I used a little foam tape behind Mario's head to adhere him on top of the pipe, but still behind my grassy pieces which were popped up with foam tape.

That's all! I'm entering this card into three separate challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday - Something New (Plumber Brothers stamp set)
Simon Says Stamp Flickr #87 - Something New (Plumber Brothers stamp set)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card! I love how you created a scene and your stitched scalloped border really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous idea to use Super Mario in your card! It's fabulous and fun! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete