Friday, November 6, 2015

You Brighten My Life

Second post for today! I'm trying to get all caught up on challenges and what not before I head to Vegas for a long weekend. The in-laws are going to be in Vegas for their yearly visit (one of my husband's aunts lives there), so we're going to be driving up to meet with everyone. Should be fun, but I'll definitely miss my ink and paper!

On to the card...


I decided to follow the K.I.S.S. method with this card. (Keep It Simple, Silly!) I did some stamping and masking for the main images and then masked off a curve of land and used pigment inks to blend a beautiful sunrise and some sand. Have I mentioned that I love masking recently? (Lol!) After I was done, I removed the masks and finished coloring with my copics. A simple heat embossed sentiment and some sparkling clear sequins finished it off. Super simple and super stunning. This card is going to a friend I haven't seen in many, many years. She lives in Florida, so I thought the images would appeal to her!

I'm entering this card into this week's Lawnscaping Challenge. The challenge was to create a Thinking of You card. It could be anything to bring hope, love, or encouragement to someone else. Since I haven't seen this friend in a long time, I thought it definitely fell into the category of thinking of her!


Supplies:
Stamps: Life Is Good (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Ink: Buttercup, Orangeade, Apricot, Brown Sugar, Hazel (Mama Elephant), Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics, Versamark
Other: Sparkling Clear Sequins 4mm and 6mm (Pretty Pink Posh), White embossing powder, mini ink blender and sponges (Ranger), masking paper

4 comments:

  1. Stunning colouring, have a wonderful weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is just stunning!! The orange pops so beautifully! Such a sweet card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! The background that you created is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. That background is AMAZING. I mean amazing. What a fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete