Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paris

Today's card was created for 3 separate challenges! Wow! I'll explain how it fits into the challenges at the end of my post.


This is a very simple card, but I think that's what makes it special. I started by creating a mask from some printer paper and die cutting a circle from the center. I laid it over my card base and used Washi tape to hold it in place on the top and bottom. I inked up my music background stamp with some gray ink and stamped through the circle to create the circle of music once the mask was removed. I stamped my sentiment and the Eiffel Tower directly on top of the circle in some black ink and then used a couple of Copics to add some gray shading to pieces of the tower. That was it! I love the simplicity!

I'm entering this into the Addicted to CAS challenge (music) because of the background piece. This week's Less Is More Challenge is a one layer card with something French. This definitely fits the bill! And the last challenge I'm entering is CASology (dizzy). Heights make me dizzy, so I think this fits that challenge as well!

 



11 comments:

  1. A brilliant and CAS make for the three challenges - good luck

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever and creative take on the three challenges, and absolutely perfect for our French theme at Less is More! The music stamp looks fab stamped through a circle mask as a background. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel!! Beautiful card. So clean and simple. I love it. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I love the masking on this one-layer beauty! I also love the subtle colors...perfect for all three challenges! Thanks for playing along at CASology...heights certainly make me dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sheet music circle anchoring the sentiment and Eiffel Tower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever clever and beautiful too Rachel!
    Thanks for joining CASology... LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card and beautifully french. Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies for being AWOL lat week I was in Spain on holiday!
    Love this one Rachel... perfect layout!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    Moins est Plus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super one layer card Rachel. The music background is just lovely and your Eiffel Tower image - c'est magnifique! Love this. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, so French. Perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete