Friday, February 27, 2015

CASEing the Catalog

I wasn't feeling particularly creative this week, so I looked through my Occasions catalog and just fell in love with a couple of their samples for Painted Petals. I didn't buy the coordinating DSP, so I created my own with my stamps!


I cut a panel and sponged it with Daffodil Delight making sure to let the color vary in places. After sponging, I used a stamp in the same color to add the flower detail. I cut a smaller panel and added the flowers and the sentiment. This is such an easy way to create your own DSP!

 
For this card, I wanted a striped DSP, but again, I didn't buy the paper! I used the stripe from the Work of Art set and my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up each stripe. I then cut out my tags and added my flowers and sentiment. Again, another great way to create your own DSP!


This card was essentially a copy of the one from the catalog. The only real difference is that I rounded the corners. I just loved this card the way it was.

Supplies
Stamps: Painted Petals, Work of Art
Ink: Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Paper: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Other: Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment