Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sympathy Cards Continued

Second post for today...that's a rarity! I've been doing a lot of creating lately, but not a lot of updating. I find it difficult to take a break and write when I find my groove to create. If I break from my creativity, it's really hard for me to get back into it afterward. Totally breaks my concentration!

Anyway, I've continued working on the sympathy cards my mother requested and some of them I love and others I'm just not happy with. I'll only share a few them here and try to shore up the ones I'm just not in love with.


Using Painted Petals, I created a cluster of flowers and offset that with a scripty sentiment from Stampabilities. I added a few rhinestones and it was done.


While I had my Painted Petals on my desk, I used the set to make this quick one-layer card with a sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers.


I used an emboss resist technique on this watercolor piece to highlight the foliage on the panel. I stamped another sentiment from the Thoughts & Prayers set and tied a ribbon around the panel to complete the card.


I usually think that butterflies are too happy for a sympathy card, but by using a neutral color I think these pass muster. Add the beautiful scripted sentiment from Stampabilities and it looks rather elegant.

Supplies:
Stamps: Painted Petals, Thoughts & Prayers, Meadow (Inkadinkado), Butterfly Magic (Fiskars), With Deepest Sympathy (Stampabilities)
Paper: Whisper White, Strathmore Watercolor
Ink: Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Versamark
Tools: Watercolor paint, Clear Embossing powder
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Pearls, White Organza Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment