Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hello Baby!

Quick update from me. Another card made from Background Check from Online Card Classes. It's not even a challenge entry this time! Just a sweet card inspired by the class.



I used a technique taught by Laura Bassen for plaid stamping. Unfortunately, I didn't have any line stamps, so I masked everything for this background. It was a pain in the butt, but it has a beautiful result! (I ordered some line stamps after I did this because I just adore how this turned out and want to do it again!) I thought the soft colors would look great as a baby card, so that's what I turned it into. (And I hid an ink smudge behind the large blue sequin! Oops!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Hatched (Mama Elephant - sentiment), Unforgettable (WPlus9 - elephant)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Small Hello (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Basic Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Lemon Chiffon, Mint, Sea Glass, Fog (Simon Says Stamp)
Other: Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

2 comments:

  1. Love your background!! Soo very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love the plaid background and the sequins.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys
    Current Blog Challenge - Christmas in July

    ReplyDelete