Thursday, July 14, 2016

Color Outside the Lines

Today's card was inspired by the current Can You Case It? sketch. I went a little outside the box with my interpretation, but I really like how it turned out!


I still had my Colour Chameleon stamp set on my desk from yesterday, so I decided to ink it up again! I started by stamping my paint rows across the width of my card in ROYGBV order. I actually started with the center and worked my way out so the spacing would line up. The MISTI was a huge help keeping everything in order! When my colors were on my page, I stamped my little chameleon and colored him with my Copics. I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut him out (because I hate to fussy cut!). I used my MISTI to line up my sentiment and stamp in two separate colors and then adhered my little guy with some foam tape for a bit of dimension.




7 comments:

  1. Oh, i just love all of your bold colors, pretty coloring too! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It? --Elizabeth Jeanne (Happy Stamper)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This is the cutest card. I love the color dripping technique and the chameleon. Thanks for joining the challenge at CYCI! -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel...I love your take on the sketch. This card is stunning. The chameleon is so sweet; so adorable. Thanks for playing with us at CYCI! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little chameleon is the cutest. That's an adorable card!
    Thanks for joining us at this week's CYCI challenge - Josefine

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my- o my... I love everything about your card- Its bold. Its beautiful. I love the rainbow of colors. Thanks for joining us at CYCI--Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, your card is being featured on our FB page today, www.facebook.com/CanYouCaseIt :) Thanks for joining CYCI Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel, What a cute card. Amazing job on the coloring!! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI this week. Char

    ReplyDelete