It's officially spring and that automatically makes me think of beautifully blooming flowers. That's where I took my inspiration for this card.
1. I cut and folded a card base from white cardstock and stamped a rose background stamp in Versamark on the front, heat embossing in white.
2. On a separate piece of paper, I stamped my roses and leaves in Versamark and then heat embossed those in white.
3. I used distress inks and ink blending tool to add color to my roses and leaves.
4. I used my scissors to fussy cut around each of the images (even though I hate fussy cutting!).
5. I arranged my images in a cluster that I liked and then used Washi tape to keep them together so I could add liquid adhesive to the back without losing the arrangement. After adding the adhesive, I replaced the cluster on the front of my card and pressed it down, then carefully removed my Washi tape.
6. I stamped my sentiment on black cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed in white, then cut it down into a strip that fit the front of my card.
7. I adhered my sentiment strip with some foam tape.
8. I added a few Sparkling Clear sequins across the front of the card.
I love how a white-on-white background adds some subtle interest without completely overpowering the card. It's one of my favorite things to do when I want a little something extra for a rather plain looking card.