Tuesday, December 19, 2017

CASology: Kindness

Hello, everyone! I'm back with a new cue from CASology! This cue is actually going to last for 2 weeks because we're at that time of year that's crazy busy and we could all use a little bit more time to get things done. So you have a full two weeks to work and it's a good one!


Who doesn't love a bit of kindness? Especially at this time of year!


I went super simple with this card and made it one layer. I actually experimented with trying different color combinations or making my hearts all different colors, but I finally settled on a monochromatic heat embossed card. I think it just looks more elegant.

I started by stamping my sentiment toward the bottom of my card in Versamark ink and then heat embossing with some Golden Peach embossing powder from Altenew (my favorite!). I used my MISTI to make sure it came out perfectly straight. Then I removed the foam insert from my MISTI and lined up a Falling Hearts Background Stamp so that it would be just above my sentiment. (It's a foam cling stamp, so I didn't need that extra bit of foam in the bottom of my MISTI.) I stamped that in Versamark ink and then heat embossed with the same embossing powder.

That's all! It's a quick clean and simple card that could be used for so many things! I think I'm going to give it to my postal carrier this year with a couple of cookies just to say thank you for how hard he works year round.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to\enter your own kindness creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment