Tuesday, July 31, 2018

CASology: Sunbeam

Hello and welcome back for a new cue from CASology!


This is another 2 week challenge, so you'll have plenty of time to play with this one!


I actually broke out a die set that I haven't used before to create this card. I'm sure you've all done the same thing I did. I purchased a die set because I saw someone else use it and thought it was just amazing and had to have it. Then, by the time it got to me, I'd completely forgotten where I saw it used. So it just sat in my stash until today!

I cut the sunshine piece from 3 different yellow/orange cardstocks. I cut it from the lightest piece twice so I'd have a base to layer the different pieces on. This particular die doesn't cut completely through, so it makes it super easy to layer everything perfectly. I just used my snips to finish cutting all the way through on each different color and then used the extra piece as the base for layering. I used a thin layer of multi medium matte as my adhesive.

Then I cut the clouds from the same die set from some Neenah Solar White and layered them so they would fit perfectly at the top of my sunshine piece. I added a layer of foam tape to the back of the whole thing and then adhered it to a white card base. I used my MISTI to help me stamp my sentiment perfectly straight beneath the image.

That's all! Super easy, but it's super pretty, too!

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to link up your own creations on the CASology post!


3 comments:

  1. I can see why you had to have this die...it's really fabulous! I love how you played with your color palette on your sun rays and your clouds are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Great layout and love the shades of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. So clever with the different colors of card stock!

    ReplyDelete