Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop


Hello! I'm joining some delightfully talented ladies on the 25th of every month with a fun Christmas creation. I don't know about you, but I always find myself rushing to get things done in the couple of months leading up to Christmas. I'm trying to keep that from happening this year by putting together a couple of creations each month to put in my stash so I won't be crazy busy when Christmas rolls around.

It's the 25th, so it's time for a Christmas creation!


I love a good pun and Christmas cards don't escape them when I'm in charge of making them!

I started this card by stamping my Harry image in the center of the panel and then masking him off so I could stamp his buddies beside him. I removed my mask and then got started on the background.

I sketched my scene in with a very light marker and then continued to add color to my original sketch to build up shadows and create a scene. After I was satisfied with how my background looked, I colored in my little wizards. I added a very light shadow beneath them to help ground them in the scene and then set to work on my sentiment.

I used Mama Elephant's Calli Upper letters and Calli Letters to create the "Harry" part of my sentiment and then used the Christmas piece from Merry & Jolly. I utilized my MISTI to stamp the sentiment because I didn't want to ruin my card with a crooked sentiment after putting in all that work!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit the other stops in the hop!



3 comments:

  1. How stinking cute is this???? I love it! So, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the background and what fun stamp, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun...just love your incredible card!

    ReplyDelete