Tuesday, January 3, 2017

CASology: Cold

Hello, everyone! I'm here today with my very first post as a CASology designer! Yay! This week's cue is Cold.


And this is my take on it!


I love this sweet little Pure Innocence girl. Unfortunately, she's been discontinued, but there are a few other winter images in the Pure Innocence line that are just as cute! I started by stamping her and coloring her with my Copics. I'm lazy, so I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut her out instead of fussy cutting. (I hate fussy cutting!) I set her aside and started work on my base. I simply cut and folded a white base and then used a scrap piece of white cardstock to cut my snowy background piece with a Landscape Trio die. I used foam tape to pop the snowy piece up for a little bit of dimension and then added my little girl by adhering the bottom portion directly to the snow drift and using foam tape behind the rest of her. I used my MISTI to carefully line up my sentiment and a bold black ink to stamp.

I hope you like my card and I can't wait to see how you're inspired this week!



8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team, Rachel! So glad to have you! Love your coloring on this sweet girl - so perfect!
    Excited to see that you have fur babies too! What do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of color your sweet girl gives to this perfect CAS design, Rachel! Welcome to the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your first CASology card, Rachel! So excited to have you on the DT! I adore that sweet girl and the pretty stitched snow layer behind her...so much glorious white space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your subtle dimension on your card Rachel and the fabulous coloring! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this girl and love what you did! Simple and darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel!! Welcome to the team!! Your card is so pretty!! You colored that little girl beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete