Tuesday, January 24, 2017

CASology: Glisten

Hello, everyone! I'm back again today with a brand new challenge from CASology. The cue word for this week is Glisten.


So I actually had a little trouble with this one. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do, so I closed my eyes and thought of things that glisten. My mind finally rested on ocean water. When it's snowy, I want to make warm cards! I just got a new otter set, so I knew which animal I wanted to put in my water. The problem was, I didn't know how to color one, so I went to trusty google and found a cute image.

Adorable, right? And that gave me my idea for my card!


I started by masking off a strip of paper that I was going to blend some ink into. I used 3 different inks to create water with some varied color. Then I placed a waves stencil over it and blended in a fourth ink over the top of it. I didn't stop there though! I wanted my water to really glisten, so I also applied some translucent embossing paste through the stencil. I removed my stencil and tape and set the card base to the side so it could dry.

I stamped my images and then colored them in with my Copics, using the photo as a guide. I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut them out and then set them aside while I finished the card base.

By this point, my embossing paste was dry, so I used my Big Shot and a stitched edge die to add a little stitched detail outside of my water. I used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment and then adhered my images with some foam tape.


And here's a close up so you can see that beautiful shine from the embossing paste! I think this card may just be my husband's Valentine this year!



6 comments:

  1. He is adorable. Love the overall look of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this card, Rachel! Your little otter is so cute, and I love how you added sparkle to the waves stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the effect of the stenciled embossing paste. Fabulous card Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This truly is magnificent the water glistens so beautifully, I simply adore this beautiful card and that otter is a real cutie

    Marie

    ReplyDelete