Thursday, May 7, 2015

You Make Me Happy

When I was a little girl, my parents always sang me a song before bedtime. My brother's song was Rock-a-bye Baby and mine was You Are My Sunshine. Whenever I see quotes from that song, it takes me back to those nights when I was tiny. I haven't actually gotten to see my parents for a little over a year now since we live on opposite sides of the country. I guess I'm feeling a little sentimental...

Which is perfect because the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is to get "get sentimental".


I recently purchased the falling rain background stamp from Simon and I was super excited to use it with Abby's Spring Showers. I was looking through my stamps for a sentiment and stumbled on this one and it was like fate.

I first stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it. Then I masked off the sentiment to protect it and I stamped and heat embossed the background stamp with clear glitter embossing powder. It's super shiny and pretty in real life. Plus, I added glossy accents to her boots so they look wet.


I tried to capture it in a picture, but it's really hard. Let's just say that I'm pretty happy with it!

Supplies:
Stamps: Abby's Spring Showers (SSS), Falling Rain (SSS), Bring the Sunshine (SSS)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (SSS), Sunshine Layers (WPlus9), Grassy Border (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Wild Wasabi
Other: Clear Glitter embossing powder, White embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Love her bright and sunny outfit! Thanks so much for playing along with us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see a video of how you made it!

    ReplyDelete