Saturday, May 30, 2015

I'm On a Roll!

Wow! My third post today! I guess this is what happens when I have a busy week and can only really take time to craft on the weekend.

This card was made for The Challenge #36 and Simon Monday Challenge.

 
 
Okay, so you may think I'm crazy, but I really did use the Challenge's inspiration photo. The challenge is to celebrate teachers. Well, I'm a licensed teacher and I come from a long line of teachers in my family and most of my friends are still teachers. My husband's job has us moving A LOT, so it's very hard to maintain a teaching job when you up and move during the school year...so I'm not teaching...
 
Anyway, long story short, I truly feel that our teachers are superheroes. Not only do they teach our children, but they are also psychologists, mother/father figures, disciplinarians, and so on and so on. It's one of the toughest and most rewarding jobs a person can have. Even though I don't have any children yet, I can truly appreciate what it is that my friends and family are doing. I think that getting a non-traditional thank you card as a teacher is a wonderful surprise. So...
 
 
As a teacher, I know I would have loved to get something like this. It's not a typical apple or pencil card, but I think it conveys thankfulness in a really cute way!
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Tiny Heroes (Mama Elephant), Wish Big (Mama Elephant)
Dies: Cityscape (Mama Elephant), Tiny Heroes (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Night of Navy, Black, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Other: White and Gold Embossing Powder, Clear Wink of Stella
 
I'm also going to enter this in the Simon Wednesday Challenge since it's Anything Goes this week!
 
 
 



7 comments:

  1. Love thus SUPER hero card, just SUPER cute, FAB and TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kindergarten teacher, I totally appreciate the superhero theme of this fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your SUPER HERO card! I taught 27 years, so this card is dear to my heart! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is as cute as can be! I love your sweet super hero. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! What a perfect card for a teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right, a great thank you for any super teacher! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous teacher card and love how the images and sentiment pop out from the dark background.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete