Saturday, October 1, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #19

Hello and welcome to a brand new month! October is just about my favorite month in the year and it's definitely a welcome change in the weather! A new month also means a new challenge from the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge and that's always welcome!


For my card, I chose the top row - color inspiration (choose your own), polka dots, and birthday.

Here's the fun color inspiration I found on Pinterest.


I just love the blues and yellows in this palette. Especially those yellow leaves! I love when fall comes around and the leaves start changing!


I decided to use the blues for my flower and keep my leaves in lovely shades of yellow. Using the Majestic Blooms stamp set from Altenew, I layered my flower in blues and then fussy cut around the image with my scissors. I stamped my leaves randomly on my card panel so they would stick out from behind my flower image. I adhered my polka dot paper to a card base and then adhered my panel with some foam tape after stamping the sentiment in my MISTI to make sure it was straight. I adhered my flower directly to the panel with some multi-medium matte adhesive. It's simple, but striking!

I hope you'll join us for the current challenge! It's a fun one!



2 comments:

  1. WOW ! Very stunning card ! What a gorgeous flower ! I'm so happy because I just ordered this blue inks set and to see your card make me think it worths it ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning card, Rachel. Amazing layered colors on the flower and fun contrast with the stamped images in background. Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete