Tuesday, October 17, 2017

CASology: Sorry

Hello, everyone! It's time for a brand new cue from CASology!


So I have a stamp set in my stash that's an oldie but a goody. I just love books. I'm a bookworm for sure. I read every chance I get and this set just speaks to my soul. It even has the perfect sentiment for this challenge!


I decided to go extremely simple for my card and do something I don't normally do - just stamp, no coloring! I used my MISTI to get everything lined up as I went which makes things so much simpler. No having to start over because my shelves weren't straight or my books were off-kilter. That tool has changed my life! I stamped my first two shelves level and then stamped my third shelf like it was falling apart. I just think it's so cute with that sentiment. I used cool colors for my color scheme. Keeping things in the same color family helps to keep things looking clean and simple.

I loved this card so much that I made another one with a little different twist.


I simply stamped my shelves and sentiment and then used a wonky stitched oval die to cut them out before adhering it to a card base. In the end, I actually like my first card better, so I stuck with that one.

Thanks for joining me today! I can't wait to see how you interpret this week's cue!


6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, what a clever idea! I love this card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, simple scene & perfect sentiment, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever take on the cue card and I love your puny sentiment, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both, Rachel! I literally spit on my monitor from guffawing at your awesome designs with that punny sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these. I've been admiring the first one since you put it up on the DT blog. I am also a bookworm, and love the possibilities of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these, they are so clever, great use of that stamp set! Cx

    ReplyDelete