Saturday, October 6, 2018

Kindred Stamps October Fan Club Challenge

Hello! I'm here with something a little new today as well as an announcement. First up, my announcement - I'm joining the Kindred Stamps Design Team for the upcoming quarter! What does that mean? Well, you'll be seeing a lot more geeky, fandom type creations. And bonus, I'll be posting more often! Yay!

Next, for the something new, I have a card I created for the newest Kindred Stamps Fan Club Challenge. This month, we're using non-Christmas stamps for a Holiday card. So here it is, Yo Ho used as a Christmas card!


So, I combined a couple of sets to create my scene, but my main image of my pirate is from the Yo Ho set from Kindred Stamps. I actually drew in my little bottle of rum with a pencil and then went over it with a Copic multi-liner to help it fit in with the other stamps. I went back and erased my pencil lines once the black was dry. I masked it off and added my present (also masked off) and stamped my tree so it appeared behind everything else. I went back in with that same multi-liner and added a string of Christmas lights around the trunk of my tree.

I sketched in my beach with my E30 and then gradually added darker colors as a I got toward the front, also adding in some shadows where the sun would be shining from behind my scene. I finished the beach by adding small dots of different E colors as well as adding a few dots of colorless blender toward the back as it faded toward the water. I did the same with my white gel pen. I sketched in my water and where I wanted the crests of waves with a light blue and then went back in adding additional color with gradually darker blues to increase the contrast.

I finished my coloring by adding just a touch of yellow in the right side at the horizon line to give the hint of the sun. I used a lighter yellow to blend the darker yellow out into white.

I cut down my panel to fit the front of an A2 card and then used my MISTI to stamp the Ho Ho Ho sentiment. I used a ruler to lightly lay down a line beneath it so I could freehand the rest of my sentiment with my multi-liner. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do! After writing in my desired sentiment, I went back after it was dry to erase the pencil line.

I adhered the panel to the front of an A2 white card base and I was all finished! I normally keep track of the markers I use when I color something, but I used so many this time that it got a little out of hand! So for this card, I actually don't have a master list. Sorry about that!

So, if you have a love of Kindred Stamps, please join the Fan Club on Facebook and enter this fun monthly challenge! You'll also love all the inspiration from our fun, crafty community! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment