Monday, November 5, 2018

Kindred Stamps November Release Rock Out

Hello! I'm super excited to share this amazing stamp set from Kindred Stamps with all of you today! As a giant music fan, I'm in love with this one.

I started by creating a birthday card with some dies and a some colored papers.

I put together a little stage for my rock star to perform using some colored papers, a wood plank background stamp, and a curtain die. I added some stenciled spotlights to the background to bring the focus onto my image. I colored my image with Copics and then cut him out using my Scan N Cut (you know, I hate fussy cutting!). I adhered all my elements to a card base with my tape runner and then added my rock star using some foam tape for dimension and to make him stand out from the other background elements.

I finished this one off by using my MISTI to heat emboss my sentiment onto the stage below my image.

Next up, a ton of coloring!


I love clean and simple designs and this one is no deviation from that. I stamped my middle rock star using my MISTI and then masked it off with some masking paper. I went back in with my MISTI and stamped my other two images and the sentiment below them.

Now it was time to put my coloring skills to the test! I spent at least two hours coloring my little people for this one. I did quite a bit of blending and experimenting on some scrap paper to come up with the best techniques for hair types and to try to get a "glitter" feel for the far right jacket. In the end, I think the time was well worth it! To finish it all up, I added a bit of shadowing below my images to ground them and then adhered my panel to a card base.

The entire Kindred Stamps October release will be available Friday, November 9th at 8am PST/11am EST.  Be sure to check out the Kindred Stamps blog on Friday for the full product release as well as the complete line up of all the Kindred Stamps Design Team projects from release week!  If you visit and comment on all of the designers' blogs this week, you could win $15 in Kindred Stamps shop credit!  So join the Fan Club and release event, show the design team some love, and get ready to empty those wallets this Friday!


7 comments:

  1. AMAZING! Love the coloring! You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job!! I love how you achieved the back ground lighting for Freddie! I cannot wait to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring! And i love the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shading. Black hair and clothes really show well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love these cards.. I got the stamp set already as it is a must have for any card maker.

    ReplyDelete