Monday, November 14, 2016

Merry and Bright

I'm back! My craft room is set up in the new house and most of the tedious work of setting up the household is done. That means more time to create! I'm super excited to finally be able to get inky again!

That said, I have a brand new card for the current Addicted to CAS challenge - Ombre.


Visions of this ombre strip have been dancing in my head for weeks now, but I've had no opportunity to create it! This week's challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to get it out of my head and onto some paper! I used some masking paper to mask off the sides of the card, revealing just a small strip on my card front. I used my MISTI to help me stamp a bunch of snowflakes in Versamark ink and then heat embossed them in White. I took 3 different blue inks and blended them on top of my snowflakes to create my ombre strip. It was so fun to pull off the masking paper and reveal how clean and white the rest of the base was! I finished off the card by stamping a simple greeting in basic black ink. I love this card and it just may become this year's holiday card!




4 comments:

  1. You will have some very delighted family and friends when they receive this gorgeous Christmas card, Rachel! Your style is always so fabulously crisp and clean!! Glad you are all settled in! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ombre effect and I love your choice of snowflakes! Such a lovely CAS and festive card, Rachel!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS! We always enjoy seeing your creations in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this at ATCAS and I think it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, delicate and eye catching, love it.

    ReplyDelete