Hello and welcome to a brand new cue from the CASology Challenge!
I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of house stamps or dies in my collection. I like things that are really versatile, so I shopped my stash and came up with this cute key die and a small stitched tag die that works well as a key-ring. I paired it up with a fitting sentiment it works perfectly for a New Home card! Perfect for the cue!
1. I started by choosing a card base. I wanted my key and ring to stand out, so I knew I wanted something dark. I went with Navy because I'm a huge fan of the color (no other reason!).
2. I cut a heart from some Neenah Solar White cardstock to be my spotlight for my focal point.
3. I cut my key from white paper and then used Versamark ink and silver embossing powder to make it shiny and fun. I don't keep much metallic paper on hand, so this is a simple way to create your own with supplies you probably already have on hand!
3. I cut the pieces of my key-ring from two different colors of cardstock to create a fun dimensional look. I also cut another of the little circles from the same Tag die to attach my key to the ring. I simply cut a slit in the gray ring and attached the two pieces and then adhered the slit on the back of the tag so it wouldn't show.
4. I wanted something to put on the front of the key-ring, so I searched my stash and found the perfect little heart die in a Band-aid set. I cut that from some blue paper to keep the color scheme consistent.
5. I adhered my heart to my card base and then used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment underneath it in Versamark ink. I heat embossed it in white so it would stand out nice and bold on my dark background.
6. I used foam tape to pop up the key and the key-ring on top of my spotlight heart.
Thanks for joining me today! I can't wait to see how you're inspired by our cue this week!