Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Magical Day

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated the blog! I've been super busy with life in general. My husband has been out of town on and off for the past month and it's going to continue into next month as well. When he's gone for extended periods of time, I find myself without time for my craft room. I just get wrapped up in the day to day business of taking care of our animals and running the house. He's always the one that reminds to take time for myself and without him, I just seem to forget!

Anyway, today's card is for two separate challenges: Lawnscaping (Off Kilter) and Can You Case It - Watercolor Sketch.


I used the sketch to get my basic layout (the watercolor wash and the sentiment placement). I tilted the sentiment to fit the off kilter theme and then added a magical little house to match my sentiment. It's a simple card, but I love how it turned out. It has a magical feel with the dreamy background and the little fairy house. I decided not to add sequins like I normally would because I wanted the heat embossed stars in the background (and the little gel pen dots) to stand out. If I added sequins, I was afraid they'd disappear into the background.






10 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel. What a cute image. It all came together so nicely. Thanks for joining us at CYCI--- Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, i love your magical card, so sweet! I love your beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It? --Elizabeth Jeanne (Happy Stamper)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card exactly the way it is. I agree with your sequins decision, the embossed stars are way too cute to get lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,
    what a fun card...I love that little house...definitely "magical"! Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I love your magical card. That little house with the exterior light is adorable. Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, Great card!! So cute! Love the colors and the little fairy house!! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how clean and simple yet stunning this card is! Every element really pops. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful CAS card and beautiful coloring! Love your bg too! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete