Saturday, October 10, 2015

Masking Magic!

I'm back today with some more masking magic. It's an old technique, but much loved. I love one layer cards, but sometimes they can seem so sparse. That's where masking comes in handy!


I played around with placement for quite a while before I settled on the trio of images in the bottom left. I didn't want it to seem too cluttered, but it felt like these images belonged together! And I just love that little mouse with the pumpkin! So cute! I stamped all of images and then masked off the top of my card so I could blend some distress inks for the grass. Then I reversed and masked the bottom, so I could carefully blend some Sea Glass ink out from the ground. This helped me fade the color into the white on the top portion.

After all the blending, I removed the masks (and wow were there a lot!). It's like magic! The ground and sky were there, but my images were all still snowy white! I used my copics to color the rest and then added a gold heat embossed sentiment. I was thinking about adding sequins, but I thought a trio of falling leaves would look better and less cluttered. I settled for adding a little clear Wink of Stella on top of them for a bit of shine!

I'm entering this cute card into two challenges this week. The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge was to create an Autumn card and the new Less Is More Challenge is to create a one layer Autumn card. I had so much fun with this one!
Supplies:
Stamps: Harvest Mouse (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Copics, Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint), Sea Glass (Simon Says Stamp)
Other: Clear Wink of Stella, White gel pen, Gold embossing powder

9 comments:

  1. Great masking and colouring, such a fab scene. There is something really magical about removing masks isn't there?
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and a wonderful autumnal scene ~ really beautiful work! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful masking!! Oh SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic autumn scene and the most adorable little stamp set.
    Perfect for our one layer challenge and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!!! Such a cute autumn scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel what an adorable autumn card!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous masking and colouring have gone into this beautiful card!
    Such fun images!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, MY! This is such an adorable scene, and one layer?! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete