Thursday, October 22, 2015

Santa Is Watching

I'm playing along with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge today! This week is Anything Goes and I've been trying to build up my stash of Christmas and winter cards before I'll need to start depleting it again this year.


I decided to use my Mom's love of snowmen for this card. My mom's been collecting snowmen figurines and stuffed animals for as long as I've known her (more than 30 years...). We used to tease her mercilessly when we were teenagers (we being my brother and I). A few years ago, she started to pare down her collection, but she still has several of her favorites that make their debut around Thanksgiving every year.

With that in mind, I used a little guy from Swanky Snowdudes for my main image. I colored him with Copics and then fussy cut around him, right on the black edge. I also stamped, cut, and colored the pole from the same set. I cut a tag using the Stitched Tag die and cut a fishtail banner for him to stand on (wanted to keep him grounded!). I also used the snowflakes die cuts to attach to the card a couple for the tag. I blended some Simon Says Stamp inks into the base of the card and the tag. When choosing the sentiment, I went with Santa is watching... My brother and I always used to say that the snowmen were actually spies for Santa and that Mom had so many because we were always up to something. I just thought it was appropriate for us! (It's actually much easier to read the sentiment IRL. It was hard to get a good picture of it!)


Supplies:
Stamps: Swanky Snowdudes, Holiday Cheer (Paper Smooches)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Snowflakes and Stitched Tag (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Maliblue and Audrey Blue (Simon Says Stamp)
Other: Clear Wink of Stella, White Embossing Powder, Cream Crochet Thread

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet holiday design! Love the subtle sponging in the background. It makes the image and the snowflake die cuts pop. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete