Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sweet Birthday

My mojo has taken a mini vacation lately, so I decided to play along with the current challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.


My stash is woefully short on birthday cards right now, so I decided to create a card that was gender neutral so I could use it for anyone. 


This is a super simple card with absolutely no coloring. Not really my normal card, but it definitely helped get me back in the creating mood. I started by cutting the pieces for my milk and cookies. I stamped the "milk" on the bottle wrapper in Versamark ink and then heat embossed in white. I adhered the bottle top and the wrapper to the bottle using multi medium matte. For the cookie, I cut the circle with my Big Shot and then used an embossing pad to run the hash marks through to just emboss on top of the cookie. I used some distress ink to blend onto the edges of the cookie to make the marks stand out more and give the cookie a more realistic feel.

I cut two pieces of cardstock, one from black and one from dark gray using my paper trimmer. I heat embossed the sentiment on the black piece and then arranged all of my elements on my light gray card base. I used my glue runner to adhere the gray stripe to directly to the card base and then added the rest of my elements with foam tape for dimension.

Hopefully this will jumpstart my creativity and I'll get back in the swing of things soon! Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. this is adorable, luv the fun image and design! I am so glad you played along with us at
    freshly made sketches!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever way to use the sketch! These dies are so fun and you've made a fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete