Saturday, April 2, 2016

Hello Baby

My cousin's baby shower is coming up at the end of the month and while I can't be there (I live too far away), I still want to send her a nice card and a gift certificate. That's what I sat down today to make and I used the color inspiration from Color Throwdown as a guide. She's having a boy and their color combination of teal, lime, and white is perfect for a little boy!


The little dragons from Clearly Besotted's Hot Stuff set were just too cute to pass up for this card. I colored a couple of them and then chose the one I liked the best. (That little guy in the egg is so adorable!) I knew from the beginning that I wanted to create a shaker card, so I looked to Mama Elephant's Madison Avenue dies for assistance. The frame is absolutely perfect for a shaker. I used the piece that cuts out from the inside as my colored backdrop. I blended Twisted Citron from the bottom to the middle and then Peacock Feathers from the top down and mixed them in the  middle. It's hard to see with the sequins in the way, but I wanted you to see all that fun shimmer! The tags were simply die cut and stacked together. I tied them together with a bit of silver thread and made a tiny bow at the top. I carefully separated them and then added a little adhesive between the layers so all the colors would show. The top tag was stamped with a tiny message from a coordinating stamp set.

I adore how this card turned out and I really hope that my cousin loves it as much as I do. Now I have those extra dragons I colored staring at me from my desk. I guess I'll have to make some more cards with them!





3 comments:

  1. That little guy is the cutest! Such a fun shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too sweet! Love the shaker element and how you shaded the eggshell with tiny dots. Whenever I try that, I end up with a disaster . . . Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete