Saturday, April 23, 2016

Sympathy

I have another card for you today featuring Grace's Little Notes from Kennedy Grace Creations. I had colored two different pieces the other day when I was playing with my new sets and I decided to turn this one into a sympathy card.


I don't know why, but I always seem to choose yellow flowers when I'm creating a sympathy card. You'd think I'd gravitate more toward the red or the white, but I just always seem to use yellow. Maybe it's the thought of something bright in such a dark time. I honestly don't know. But these beautiful yellow flowers seemed to call out for a simple and elegant sympathy card. I took my stamped circle and added the sentiment in black ink. The card base was Kraft and stamped in Versamark ink using a woodgrain stamp. The Versamark ink creates a watermark finish. I heat set it to make sure I didn't smear it before adhering my circle panel. I finished it off by tying a piece of hemp twine around the bottom. I skipped the sequins, opting for a less flashy and more natural look.



No comments:

Post a Comment