Wednesday, May 25, 2016

KGC Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose Highlight

Today we're featuring lovely products created with the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations! I have two cards to share with you today. One features my typical coloring and another showcases that you can use this beautiful set without any coloring at all!



I started by cutting a card panel with a stitched rectangle die and then stamping my rose to the right of center. I colored my image with my copics and added a faint shadow around the image as well. Then came the hard part...I used my hello die to cut a piece right out of my image! When you spend your time carefully coloring such a gorgeous image, it can be intimidating to want to cut a chunk out of it! I cut about 4 more hellos from white paper and then glued them all together with the colored piece on top and then carefully placed the die back inside the negative cut once the panel had been adhered to a card base. I kept all those tiny piece as well to glue down inside the holes to complete the picture. I added a few clear sequins from a couple of Kennedy Grace Creations' sequin mixes to complete the look.


A Close Up of the coloring and how the die cut was added back into the negative.


A view of the dimension the added die cuts add.

And now on to the second card...


This card is very simple, but it's striking. I cut a panel using a medium sized stitched rectangle die and then heat embossed my rose image a couple of times using white embossing powder. I placed my sentiment nestled inside the image and heat embossed it in the same white. I used foam tape to add dimension to the panel when I adhered it to the card base. I think it has a really elegant look.

As you can see, the Sweet Rose set is very versatile and can be a ton of fun to color or even look just a nice without any coloring at all! It's truly a gorgeous set that can be used for any occasion!



1 comment:

  1. This card is awesome! I love how beautifully you colored the flowers and the raised sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete