Monday, June 22, 2015

Ahoy, Matey!

Paper Smooches has a new challenge up on their Sparks Blog and it's one of my favorites: Anything Goes! I was thinking of making pirate themed cards for my twin nephews for their birthday, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity.
I used the Ahoy Me Hearty set and stamped the front panel randomly in Baked Brown Sugar on Kraft paper. I die cut a Stitched Circle from the top 2/3 of the panel and then stamped the image of the parrot through the hole so I was sure it would be in the correct position when I assembled my card. The parrot was colored with copics and I added some fun, colorful sequins for the shaker parts. I heat embossed the sentiment on black paper and drew in the faux stitching with a gel pen.


A little close up of the shaker portion and the coloring. I'm really loving this stamp set. I think I'll make another card like this for my other nephew featuring the ship in the shaker portion.


Supplies:
Stamps: Ahoy Me Hearty (Paper Smooches)
Dies: Stitched Circles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Baked Brown Sugar, Assorted Copics
Other: White embossing powder, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

3 comments:

  1. This is soo cute!! Love your shaker card! & your coloring looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so such a super cool and fun shaker card! I LOVE your design! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from last week's challenge (Anything Goes wk3)--- congrats! 

    What a fabulous shaker card! LOVE that parrot! I really need to get out this stamp set!!! ***NOTE: my husband picked this card for the FB feature--- he loved it so much! :) Maybe I should CASE it and make him one;)

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete