Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sail Away With Me

When I think of summer, I always think of water. My family typically went to the beach during summer holidays, so I guess it's only natural that my mind wanders there. I created this card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is all about summer and for the Addicted to CAS Challenge. Their code word this week is "splash." I immediately thought about ships and water, so I thought it was only natural to combine the two.



I used two separate stamp sets for this card: Ahoy Me Hearty from Paper Smooches and Sailing from Simon Says Stamp. I just love the pirate ship image from Paper Smooches, so I stamped it in black and then cut it out with a Stitched Circle die to make it look like I was looking through a telescope. I stamped the waves image onto vellum and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I colored the back of the image with copics to give it that transparent blue look. The sentiment was simply stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white embossing powder. I cut a small heart with a die and then added glossy accents over the top. I didn't think this one needed any more embellishment than that!

Supplies:
Stamps: Ahoy Me Hearty (Paper Smooches), Sailing (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Stitched Circles and Mini Hearts Set (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Copic B15 Aqua
Other: White Embossing Powder, Glossy Accents

4 comments:

  1. Awesome clean card -- that wave is very cool! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous nautical card, Rachel! I love how you created the waves, and your color palette is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Very elegant! I think you took the nautical theme to next level!
    Have a great day Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love that ship. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete