Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Missing You

The Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge has a gorgeous inspiration photo this time around and I couldn't help but play along.



I've always loved rainbows. They've always fascinated me because they're just a little bit magical. Even though I know how they're formed now (refracted light and all that), they still hold just a little bit of wonder.


I went traditional with this card and created an actual rainbow. I used Simon Says Stamps Stitched Circle dies and then cut them in half after nesting them together. Instead of having clouds at the end of the rainbow, I used a white sentiment strip to mimic it. I kept it simple with just a few sequins this time.

While I'm at it, I'm going to go ahead and enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge as well. I love Anything Goes week! I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which has the theme of Summer.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sending and Wishing (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Stitched Circles and Wishing (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant, Silver Foiled paper (Jo-Ann)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Rachel! The colours are so striking & I love how you've created the rainbow with the stitched circle dies.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You card is so beautiful! Love the pretty rainbow. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete