Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sweet Birthday Wishes

I'm usually pretty quiet on the political front, but I have to do a little happy dance today. It's now legal for all of my friends to marry the person they love. I think that's cause for celebration. Regardless of how you fall on the issue, I think we could all use a little more love in this world.


On that note, I made a quick and simple birthday card. I simply stamped the cupcakes from Lawn Fawn's Baked With Love set in a line across my panel and then colored them with copics. I added the sentiment at the top and finished it off with some Wink of Stella on the frosting and some sequins. Easy-peasy, but it definitely has an impact.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for Anything Goes this week!
Supplies:
Stamps: Baked with Love (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Other: Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Wink of Stella

3 comments:

  1. This is so very adorable. I was thinking I should make some sort of rainbow card to commemorate this momentous occasion in our nation's history, and your card is exactly that. Pinning to CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so adorable ! And beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous

    Wonderful card Rachel! The stamps are super cute& I love the shading.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete