Friday, June 5, 2015

Watercolor Blog Hop



Pretty Pink Posh has a Watercolor Blog Hop going on today and I'm super excited to have created a piece in order to take part. I'm a novice when it comes to watercolor, so I just created a simple background.


I colored my kitty to look like the stray cat that lives in our bushes. She's actually very sweet, but she's scared of humans. I've been working on her for over a year now and she's to the point where she lets me pet her and always comes to see me when I leave the house. I'm hoping to be able to have her spayed very soon and maybe find her a very patient foster family until she can be adopted.

Anyway, got off on a tangent there... The images are from Paper Smooches and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I heat embossed the sentiment and added Clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the fish bowl.

I'm also going to enter this card into Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge. It's Anything Goes this week!



Supplies:
Stamps: Nine Lives (Paper Smooches)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Strathmore Watercolor
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Distress Inks for watercoloring - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers
Other: Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents

22 comments:

  1. Great card! That cat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cat and sweet story to go with it. I love cats, wish I could adopt them all! I might have to buy myself that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww that is darling!! And so sweet what you're doing for the stray kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. I think the cat not only thinks the fish is purrrty but tasssty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luv your card- beautifully done! On behalf of all animal lovers, you're amazing for helping out that kitty :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Goodness! It has a kitty on it! It is indeed PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just adorable! I love that little kitty. I hope you can find a good foster home for your lovely stray girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute, just love that splodge of blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet and purrrfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That kitty is just adorable! I don't have that stamp set yet but want it just because of him! Love your card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG OMG OMG!! SO CUTE!! I LOVE this and the FUN Water Colored Design!! Great Layers and Coloring too!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)THANKS for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! Love the water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh!! Sooo cute!!! & love your water colored background!! Lovely!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heeeee! How cute! Darling card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hee! So cute and sweet! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete