Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Challenge #39

There's an inspiration photo over at The Challenge and it was one that I couldn't resist. I was having trouble putting together a card though. It felt like every idea I had kept falling flat during execution. I took a step back and decided that I was simply trying too hard. I was just adding too much to it. So I took a deep breath and re-imagined my original concept.


My original design had a ton of die cut leaves and foliage. I had sequins and all sorts of embellishments. It was just way too busy. So I went back to basics and did some simple stamping.

I attempted using chalk ink at first, but it just wasn't giving me the results that I wanted. I decided that I needed to go a little bolder, so I heat embossed my image on my "blackboard" instead. I really like it like this; it definitely draws your eye! I used WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals to stamp my foliage behind my blackboard. I love using inspiration photos. These are elements that I never would have put together by myself, but I do like how it turned out. I find myself trying new things whenever I'm looking at a picture, so it's definitely one of my favorite types of challenges!

Supplies:
Stamps: Oolong (Sweet Stamp Shop), Fresh Cut Florals (WPlus9)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Gumball Green, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Hello Honey, Versamark, Wild Rose (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Other: White embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo adorable! Made me smile today!

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the contrast of the black against the flowers! Thanks for playing with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooooooooh LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! So VERY Sweet!!! Thanks for joining us at the Challenge , and this week's BRAND NEW challenge is all about nautical, I hope you can join in as this is our last summer challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete