Sunday, June 7, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge and Watercolors

 
The Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge this time is to create something that reminds you of "Summer". Well, personally, that's ice cream! It's the time of year that's just perfect for the cold treat. And since the Watercolor Blog Hop is still going on, I decided to complete my card using watercolors!


I used the smooshing technique to created the splotchy background (and I just love it!). I stamped the ice cream in Versamark on some watercolor paper and heat embossed them in white. Using distress inks, I carefully watercolored each image and then fussy cut around each one. The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white. To create the patterned paper behind the sentiment, I used the dot stamp from the set and carefully stamped it repeatedly to create my own paper! I think I love this one!

Supplies:
Stamps: Ice Cream Dream (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Strathmore Watercolor
Ink: Versamark, Rich Razzleberry, Assorted Distress Inks (I honestly can't remember which ones because I used so many!)
Other: white embossing powder

10 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I especially love the rainbow ice cream pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours and composition! Love this summery card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ice cream looks seriously yummy - you have colored them so well and the whole card is just full of awesomeness!!! You SHOULD love this one because it is seriously lovable!!! Have a great night!!! Hey I am hosting a giveaway at my blog of 5 different SU! stamp sets - if you are interested I would love for you to come by!! daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! How delicious is this card?!?! Fabulous. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy ice cream card! Isn't smoosh ing those colors fun? You did a great job, and I like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Those colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the sentiment and I love the ice cream images

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card....those frozen treats make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete