Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Birhday Flowers

I was feeling lost and mojo-less until I saw the beautiful inspiration photo for this week over at The Challenge. It led me to this beautiful card for my mother-in-law's birthday in early February!


I needed something simple and basically flat because it has to go through the mail and I've found that layers tend to get crushed in the mail (even when I use fun foam!). I'm a clean and simple crafter by nature and necessity! I took the beautiful pink flower from the photo (below) and created a small garden in the left corner. I then heat embossed the sentiment in Princess Gold over the whole panel. It looks pretty flat in the picture, but in person it's absolutely beautiful and shiny! I finished it with a few of my very favorite Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




6 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous, Rachel!!! Love how you kept your card clean and simple! Just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is just gorgeous!!! I love how you've taken that shabby chic bloom from the inspiration photo and made a little arrangement in the corner of your card. Those Altnew stamps are fantastic, too!! Such a lovely card, and I'm sure your mil will adore this! Just wonderful! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just adore those blooms, Rachel! This simply oozes elegance! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this lovely creation on The Challenge blog (Top Picks) - congrats and well deserved as it's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I just love this Altenew set - I have it at home and I really wish I had of brought it on my vacation to Florida - dang it!

    ReplyDelete